Monday, March 30, 2009

blue cheese souffle for one, please

We had a great day on Saturday. The weather was amazing at a balmy 65 degrees with the sun blazing down. We pretended it was summer and stayed outside all day, ate watermelon, had ice cream cones and grilled some BBQ chicken. Today, however, the weather is less than desirable. Cold, dreary, rainy and all-around depressing.


To pep me up from the dreary day, I was craving a meal that's comforting and flavorful, but relatively light given my recent gorging spree on these. Drawing inspiration from one of my favorite TV cooking personalities, I settled on a blue cheese souffle alongside some lightly dressed arugula and baby spinach. I had to adjust the recipe down to one serving since Tim is slaving away for work in sunny California (poor guy).


While I was preparing the souffle, I couldn't help indulge in one of my all-time favorite snacks. (So much for the light dinner!) If you haven't yet tried this one, you need to stop what you're doing and go get some honey, crackers, and your favorite blue cheese (one of my recent faves is Point Reyes). All I can say is this is a little slice of heaven right here, mm hmm.


Crackersbluecheese


The souffle itself was pretty good, but not nearly as rich and satisfying as my appetizer. It did, however, fit the bill for a light but savory meal. I might play around with some other flavors next time I venture into non-dessert souffle territory. I recently saw a blog post for a cheddar and roasted green chili souffle, which sounds delicious.


IMG_1400




No comments:

Post a Comment