Tuesday, March 24, 2009

speak your mind

A favorite recreational activity here is running in a big loop through the house. All three of them--Mira, Abby and Mickey (the dog)--run around and around. It never seems to get old. (Yes, I know. "No running in the house!" My mom did teach me that one but we don't consistently enforce the rule here.)


This afternoon, everyone was doing laps with a choice kitchen tool in hand. Abby had a big serving spoon and Mira had some plastic tongs. Oh and Mickey, well he didn't have anything. Suddenly I hear Mira yelp from the other room and this is the exchange that followed:



Mira: "Mommy, Abby whapped me with the spoon!"


Me: "Abby, that's not nice. We don't hit people. What do you say to Mira?" (expecting her to say the obligatory "I'm sorry, Mira" in response)


Abby (turns to Mira): "I wanna whap you!"


Well, I guess you should expect a 2 year old to speak her mind. Tim and I could hardly stop ourselves from exploding in hysterical laughter.


I don't have a photo of this incident, but here's a picture of Abby being a kook.


IMG_1331




No comments:

Post a Comment