Sunday, May 10, 2009

gilded macaroni and mother's day finery

Mira made me the most fabulous pin for Mother's Day. It's a post-modern portrait of me using macaroni gilded in gold paint. Tres chic. I'm going to pin it to my handbag. She even thought to place two pretty bows in my hair (something I rarely take the time to do in real life).


Macaroni pin


Accompanying the pin was this narrative, which I found very flattering. I was likened to a queen with a few pounds and years graciously omitted. What can I say? The girl knows where her bread is buttered.


Mothers day poem by Mira


This morning, the gang fixed some delicious pancakes and bacon. Tim also finished my new garden beds (more on that later), which turned out to be much more labor than I had initially anticipated. All in all, it's been a very nice Mother's Day.Lilacs






No comments:

Post a Comment