Tuesday, April 7, 2009

role reversal

We had a bit of a role reversal here the last couple days. I was on the road for work and Tim was home with the girls. While packing before my flight out on Sunday morning, Mira said to me, "Mommy, you're not allowed to leave. You are always here. It's not fair." I found her comment pretty funny because I think what's not fair is that I am always here, not the rare occasion when I leave for a couple days. My trip for work was a welcome change of pace. But of course Mira didn't see it that way.


The trip was great it was nice seeing my colleagues in spite of the miserably cold and windy weather. I also enjoyed being completely selfish for a couple days since I did not have to plan around or take care of anyone but myself. Now I'm home and happy to be back. Despite being completely exhausted from a long day of work and travel (not to mention having to sit next to a strangely disheveled and socially inept man who smelled like he dipped himself in a vat of garlic before he boarded the plane), I can't help think about our agenda for tomorrow and the next few days. The strawberry plants, rhubarb, and blueberry bushes arrived today so we've got a lot of work to do to prepare the garden. I see a trip to Agway in our immediate future. We've also got Easter eggs to color and a Peep Show to build! No rest for the weary, but I did enjoy my brief respite in Indianapolis.



No comments:

Post a Comment