Monday, April 27, 2009

indulgence

I'm in Atlanta for a conference this week and just returned from one of the most indulgent meals I've had in a long time. Don't get me wrong, it was excellent. The restaurant was Bacchanalia, a name which should have clued us in to the excess to come. My colleagues and I all ordered the four course menu so we were in it for the long haul. This is the run down of what I ate:





  1. Cheese Gougers - a small bite/amuse bouche fried bite-sized ball filled with a mixture of cheeses



  2. Chilled Asparagus Soup - just a little bit served in a small cup, another amuse bouche




  3. Sweetbreads with Beets, Fava Beans, Morel Mushrooms, and a Fennel sauce



  4. Seared Grouper with Giant Asparagus and Pancetta



  5. Strawberry and House-made Ricotta salad with Balsamic Reduction



  6. Strawberry Panna Cotta topped with Granola - this one was another teaser/small bite



  7. Rhubarb Tart with Pistachios



  8. A sampler plate of bites of the following: Chocolate/Chili Truffles, Handmade Strawberry Marshmallows, and Lime Shortbread



  9. This was all finished with some Coffee Madeleine cookies- as if we needed more!




All in all it was a very nice dining experience and worth the 2+ hour time investment and bedtime indigestion. Wish I had thought to snap some pics to share. Maybe next time... I have two more dinners out before leaving Atlanta.






No comments:

Post a Comment