Saturday, June 20, 2009

uchi

Phew! That was a long week. I spent it working in Austin. Well, mostly working anyway. We did manage to eat some good meals and the best one was at Uchi. We had a to wait a while for a table, but it was worth it. Not being professionals at sushi or Japanese cuisine, we needed some help from our waiter to choose. Here are a few photos. They are a bit grainy since I didn't want to use my flash in the middle of the restaurant.

On the left was tuna and on the right was salmon. It was delicious, but just the beginning.

Our waiter brought us this dish on the house. It was so good. It had smoked yellowtail with yucca chips, asian pear, marcona almonds and a few other things. Yum.

We each sampled bites of each others' entrees and every plate was outstanding. I ordered a wagyu beef short rib dish that was unbelievably good. Then I finished my meal with a peanut butter semifreddo served with pear sorbet. Oh my.

I'm headed back to Austin this week and we've already planned a return trip to Uchi. Amazing food.

No comments:

Post a Comment